October 25, 2012

Green Juice

Do you green juice? A couple of years ago, I came upon Kris Carr's website and have been completely enamored with her ever since. She has an amazing book called Crazy Sexy Diet that totally got me into juicing. 

When I'm in New York, Organic Avenue and Juice Generation are my go-to juiceries.

Even better...I have a Breville juicer at home, and when I have time, I prefer to make my own. 
Here's the recipe I use, adapted from Kris Carr's Make Juice Not War Green Juice

3-4 stalks of kale
1 organic cucumber
1 broccoli stem
1 apple, I like Honeycrisp, Mutsu or Fuji
1/2 cup pineapple, cubed (optional)
1/4 - 1/2 lemon or lime, peeled
small piece of ginger, peeled

I love this juice, and surprisingly I never get tired of it. I add in the pineapple if I'm craving something sweet or I'm sharing with friends who may be a bit weary of green juice :)

No comments: