October 10, 2011

Perrenial Virant

This past weekend my husband and I were at our local farmers market and walked by Perrenial Virant in Lincoln Park. 

They have some really decent vegan friendly side dishes for brunch, including Grilled Summer Squashes with spicy tomato sauce (ask them to hold the parmesan), Spicy Kale with pickled onion and Potato Homeboys (minus the cheese curds). I'm more of a savory breakfast kind of gal, so I loved all of these savory veggie dishes.
They also have an incredible wall of pickled vegetables that I seriously envy. Must start pickling and canning soon!
They also have some great vegetable dinner options, from Roasted & Marinated Carrots with mustard vinaigrette, fried sage and asian pears to Beets with apple puree, poached plums and smoked onions.

No comments: