October 27, 2011

Babycakes!

It's been awhile since I've posted about Babycakes...if you're not familiar with it, it's a vegan bakery that offers all kinds of sweet treats free of the most common allergens. You can find cupcakes, brownies, cookies, muffins, breads, cakes and doughnuts, offered in gluten-free, spelt, unrefined sugar and agave sweetened varieties.

On my last visit, they had vegan thin mint cookies. I stopped by the Roasting Plant nearby for a soy latte and enjoyed my afternoon snack in Central Park.
And I couldn't leave without some treats to take home. Their doughnuts are incredible. They have flavors like Cinnamon Sugar, Salted Caramel, Maple Coffee Crunch, Chocolate Caramel Banana + Banana Strawberry. I've tried most of them and each one is better than the next.
I'm pretty certain that my first vegan cupcake was from Babycakes. It's one of my favorite places in New York - you can see some of my previous posts on Babycakes here and here.

No comments: