March 30, 2011

Allison's Gourmet in Nevada City

Two weekends ago, I set off to Northern California for my childhood best friends' 30th surprise birthday party...
When I arrived, it was snowing.  And it continued to snow all weekend.  Not what I was expecting, but it was really really beautiful.
How cute is this town?  This is their theatre, where we saw The King and I, which I highly recommend.

And luckily, Nevada City is where Allison's Gourmet is located.  The majority of their business is mail order, but if you're in the neighborhood, the Briarpatch Co-Op sells their vegan cookies.  I picked up the Butterscotch Pecan and Chocolate Chip.  They were so nice on a long day of traveling.  I bought four cookies and two of them didn't make it past the Sacramento airport.
See my previous post about Allison's here.  

It was a quick trip, but if I had had more time, I would have stayed for Nevada City's Vegan Meetup.  Most cities have their own Vegan Meetups, you can find your local meetup here.

No comments: