March 16, 2011

Saigon Sisters

The French Market is a great indoor market in the West Loop of Chicago.  All kinds of vendors are there, selling wine, produce, prepared foods, pastries, beer, you name it. 

My husband and I stopped by for lunch last week and I was so pleasantly surprised to see vegetarian options at the Vietnamese vendor, Saigon Sisters.  I'm half Vietnamese and LOVE the food more than anything, however, I find it very difficult to eat out at Vietnamese restaurants as a vegan.  

Saigon Sisters offers a Vegetarian Banh Mi, Vegetarian Pho and Tofu Rolls or Goi Cuon.  The Vegetarian Banh Mi is filled with lemongrass teriyaki tofu, red peppers, cucumbers, carrots, jalapenos and fresh cilantro on a french baguette.  The flavors are so perfect, a nice balance of sweet and savory.  
I can't wait to go back and try their Pho! 

3 comments:

Rebekka Seale said...

Oh, that looks SOOO good!

xx
Rebekka

sarah-mai said...

Amazing! I was ecstatic to find a veg friendly Vietnamese restaurant!!! I plan on going back very soon :)

sarah-mai said...

By the way Rebekka, beautiful blog!