March 4, 2011

Bangers and Lace

Bangers + Lace is a really cozy comfort food restaurant and bar in Chicago.  They've got Pendleton-style blankets covering all of the furniture, beautiful vintage lights and awesome vegetarian offerings.

I went for the Chicago dog (with a vegetarian hot dog, of course), full with all the trimmings.  If you're not familiar with Chicago style, it includes tomatoes, peppers, bright green relish, mustard, onions, a dill pickle spear and celery salt on a poppy seed bun.  I have no idea what a real hot dog tastes like, but my husband (an omnivore) tried it and quite liked it.

I will for sure have a follow up visit to Bangers + Lace, to try their Vegetarian Sausage with Ratatouille.  It's seriously my favorite type of place where both omnivores and veggies can eat together and be completely satisfied.  (It's even better when the omnivores taste my veg option and like it better than theirs!)

No comments: