August 13, 2012

Melt

Melt is a cute little sandwich shop in Bucktown (Chicago) that just so happens to offer soy cheese. I am so thankful for this because sometimes I'm just not in the mood for hummus. (I love hummus, but I don't like to eat it every time I eat out. And I find that any non-cheese sandwich I order is smothered in hummus).

A few weeks ago I stopped in and ordered their Provence with a few alterations. Instead of mushrooms and truffle white cheddar, I went for avocado, soy cheese + oven roasted tomatoes on sourdough.

This combination was seriously tasty. And my husband and I both loved the soy cheese. (I believe they use Teese).

They also offer gluten free bread!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh a vegan GF grilled cheese! Am i in Heaven?!?! :)

sarah-mai said...

I didn't try the gluten free bread, but oh my gosh, the cheese avocado and tomatoes were amazing!