November 14, 2011

Santullos Eatery

BBQ Chicken Pizza has been around for quite some time, but I didn't ever think I would be able to eat such a thing unless I made it for myself. My husband and I were craving NY style pizza last week so we stopped by Santullos in Wicker Park. I had heard they offer vegan cheese, but I was so very pleasantly surprised when I saw a Vegan BBQ Chicken (seitan) Pizza on the menu. 

On Mondays you can get this pizza by the slice, which includes Upton's Naturals seitan, Daiya mozzarella, green peppers, red onions and sweet BBQ sauce. They also offer the Veggie Brickhouse with seitan pepperoni, seitan sausage, green peppers, red onions, vegan mozzarella and tomato sauce. And you can also create your own pizza with the toppings of your choice.
They also have the Vegan Santullo Sandwich with seitan pepperoni, seitan sausage, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, vegan mozzarella and vegan Italian dressing, plus vegan potato salad and cookies.

I actually love pizza with tons of roasted veggies, extra sauce and not a trace of vegan cheese, but sometimes it's nice to have a substantial pie with vegan meats and cheese. And I love love the sweet BBQ sauce as an alternative to tomato sauce!

No comments: