October 10, 2012

Tuscany on Taylor

I can't believe I haven't posted about Tuscany on Taylor yet. It is one of my favorite spots in Chicago. 

Instead of bread with plain olive oil, they serve roasted garlic with oil and roasted chiles (ask for them to leave out the parmesan if you're vegan). We also add a bit of salt and pepper. This is quite possibly my favorite thing to eat. I never realized how much I completely and utterly adored garlic before I had this. And the hot chiles are such a nice addition...I could live off of this stuff.
Whenever we go, I order the Capellini. Angel hair pasta topped with San Marzano tomato sauce and fresh basil. And yes, I add in whatever garlic we haven't eaten. (Order this dish without cheese as well, if you're vegan. Even though there doesn't appear to be cheese, it's mixed in). It's such a simple and classic meal, and it's so so good. I crave it at least once a week.

3 comments:

Laure said...

Oh nooooo, these were my favorites... I can't forget those spaghettis, I startes buying thin spaghettis after that restaurant, and the garlic/olive oil haunts me !!!! Please send me some !!

Laure said...

Sorry, I haven't been on the blog for a while, I have to catch up !! :)

sarah-mai said...

You can easily make the garlic yourself - roast whole heads of garlic in the oven (just cut the top off), add in oil, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes or cut up roasted chiles. Yum.