October 22, 2012

Smorgasburg

This past weekend, we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge to Smorgasburg with some friends.
Smorgasburg is in Brooklyn Bridge Park every Sunday through mid November. All kinds of amazing food vendors come together and offer some killer eats. I was most excited to try a Phatty Beet Slider from Chickpea & Olive. They're organic, vegan and local. And they're one of the best things I've ever eaten.
Beets, barley, mushrooms and lentils, topped with habanero ketchup, vegan mayo and lettuce on vegan brioche. You can also add pickled jalapeno, tomato, avocado and/or Daiya cheese. I cannot explain how good this was...it was out of this world. My husband said it was the best vegan food he'd ever had.
 And...they also serve dessert. Chocolate and hazelnut spread on brioche.
I also tried Cheong Fun Noodles from Noodle Lane. Rice noodles with scallions, peanut sauce, cucumbers, bean sprouts, fresh herbs and sriracha.
It's such a great thing to do on a Sunday, lots of vegetarian and vegan options, and the scenery is pretty great too.

1 comment:

sarah-mai said...

Also, I just found out from my dad that this is the carousel from Idora Park in Youngstown, where I grew up! I used to ride on it when I was little...so cool.