October 15, 2012

Cinnamon Snail

It's Meatless Monday...and I had the most amazing meatless lunch today from The Cinnamon Snail. It's a vegan food truck in New York/New Jersey and their food is incredible. There is always a line, a long line full of vegans and non-vegans.
For lunch, I tried their Maple Mustard Tempeh Sandwich with garlic aioli, kale, tomatoes and onions on grilled spelt bread. First, I did not know that was spelt bread until just now. That was by far the best spelt bread I've ever had. The sweet mustard flavor was so good and I love love loved the kale.
They have so many amazing vegan pastries, but I chose the Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie to take home. Mmmm...super rich, creamy and peanut butter-y. 
I met some friends from Ohio there and had them take some pastries back to my parents. I'll have a full report on their thoughts in the comments tomorrow. I sent them a Bourbon Creme Brulee donut, a Caramel Apple Crumb donut, an Apple Cider donut, Lavendar Pear turnover and a Curry Lentil puff.

1 comment:

vegan.in.brighton said...

Oh wow! Every time I see blog posts and pictures from Cinnamon Snail I kick myself for not managing to make it there on my last NYC trip! I definitely won't be making that mistake next time I'm there!