October 29, 2012

Cafe Blossom - Brunch Edition

This past weekend, I had brunch with my family at Cafe Blossom in New York. We were a large group, so we shared several different items.

Vegan Benedict - tofu, Canadian bacon and Hollandaise sauce on an English muffin with a side of asparagus and potatoes.
Black Eyed Pea Cakes with yukon potatoes, red pepper coulis and chipotle aioli.
And the Root Vegetable Phyllo Pastry - rutabaga, carrots, peas, turnips, sweet potato wrapped in phyllo with a white wine mustard cream sauce.
I really loved the Black Eyed Pea Cake and the white wine mustard sauce was uber-tasty. I tend to go for the appetizers and small plates over the entrees or large dishes. I like lots of small dishes so I get to taste more!

You can see my previous post on Cafe Blossom here.

2 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

I love Blossom. I wish I could get that Vegan Benedict over here, I miss it!

sarah-mai said...

I found a recipe for vegan Hollandaise sauce...

http://gettingawaywithveganism.wordpress.com/2009/07/22/benny-and-flo-do-brunch/