October 23, 2012

My Go To Cookbooks

These are some of my most used cookbooks. I have so many cookbooks that just sit on the shelf, and only about 7 or 8 that I use frequently.  

Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker - I use this all winter. I love using the slow cooker and this has some really awesome recipes. Also, I saw that she just came out with Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker, which I will definitely have to pick up.
The Vegetarian Meat & Potatoes Cookbook - Also great for cold weather. I love the Shepherd's Pie + the Faux Chicken Potpie.
Skinny Bitch Ultimate Everyday Cookbook - My husband lives for the Cassoulet recipe.
 
The Conscious Cook - If you haven't tried Tal Ronnen's Chicken Piccata, you are seriously missing out.
Vegan Cooking for Carnivores - this cookbook is by Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi's personal chef, Roberto Martin. It's pretty spectacular. I love the Mac and Cheese and the Rice and Beans. You can find more of his recipes online here.
DG at Home - I lived in Omaha for two years and my favorite restaurant there was Daily Grub (now closed). They've come out with a cookbook of their favorite recipes and it is so good. I believe I lived off of the Ancho Cashew Cream sauce those two years.
Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World - the only vegan cupcake recipes I use.

No comments: