October 9, 2014

Vegan Wedding in Chicago

How many times have you gone to a wedding, and as a vegan option, had an iceberg salad? This wedding made up for all of those times. (Not that I don't love my family and friends who are kind enough to think of my dietary choices. It's the thought that counts, right?). My lovely friends Dave and Rachel were married last month and a couple of weeks ago, we celebrated with them in Chicago. 

They had one table set up with all of the traditional food, and one table off to the side with all of the vegan food. They had to keep reminding people that this food is vegan and to save it for the actual vegans :) Upton's Naturals seitan, mac + cheese, braised greens, sauerkraut, and a glorious mustard sauce. It was so heavenly good. 


And followed by Red Velvet cake with Lavender Cream Icing by Luscious Layers. Awesome, awesome cake. 


Here are the beautiful bride and handsome groom (both vegan). 


And the post-dinner bonfire. Don't you love how your clothes and hair smell after a bonfire? 



4 comments:

April - Apryl Knight / The Traveling Austin Vegan said...

Looks delicious! Out of curiosity, what color was the bride's dress? I'm planning a fully vegan wedding for next year, and I'm going to wear a TARDIS blue dress (probably Victorian, but I'm not sure yet). Always on the lookout for other non-white-dress brides!

sarah-mai said...

Hi April - it was mostly black with creamy light brown/beige-ish accents. I believe it was part of the Vera Wang black collection she did a couple years back. Happy dress shopping!

mackyton said...

Thanks for sharing your experience with this Vegan Wedding at one of my favorite Chicago wedding venues. I like vegan food a lot. That Red Velvet cake is my favorite among all. I will attend a wedding next month at this place.

walidelarawy said...


كشف تسربات المياه الدمام
شركات كشف تسرب المياه