October 12, 2014

Ground Control

While we were in Chicago, I met my friend Susan at Ground Control. I had heard really awesome things about it, and I was really excited to try some of their sandwiches. 

I went for the Asian BBQ - Sweet and spicy Asian style bbq seitan sandwich topped with pickled daikon and carrots, cilantro, black sesame seed and spicy peanut sauce. It was really good, and quite spicy. Also, seriously messy. 


Susan had the Banh Mi - Ginger soy tofu, lentil pate, pickled daikon and carrot, cucumber, jalapeno, fresh mint, cilantro, sriracha mayo. Also very tasty. 


The greens on the side were delicious. Sometimes kale is too tough, or too bland, but this kale was just right. Lots of flavor and a great texture. 

I'm not big on breakfast, so this was the perfect Sunday brunch meal for me. 

No comments: