March 20, 2013

NYC Vegetarian Food Festival

Earlier this month, I attended the NYC Vegetarian Food Festival for the very first time. They started this event, just as I moved to Omaha a few years ago and I've never had the chance to come back for it.

I scored a VIP ticket for half off on Amazon Local Deals, and I'm so happy I did. The line was at least two hours long out the door when I arrived on Sunday. And honestly, I don't think I would have waited. 

Inside, cupcakes galore from Jerusalem Bakery (I can't seem to find their website anywhere online...)
Raw vegan ice cream from the Raw IceCream Company
Cookies from Dauphin Bakery
Faux Gras from The Regal Vegan
White Cheddar Puffs from Earth Balance (have you tried these yet? They're phenomenal!), strawberry cream cheese from Go Veggie (delicious!), granola bars, smoothies, juices, dehydrated fruit bites, faux meats, and on and on and on. It was all so good, and great to just sample your way through.
For actual eats, I had the Jamaican Jerk Empanada from V Spot (most on those here).
And a Strawberry Chocolate cupcake from Jerusalem Bakery.
I loved everything about this event. It was so much fun, all the people were so nice and the food could not have been better.

No comments: