May 25, 2012

Meli Cafe + Juice Bar

On my birthday last week, my husband and I went for breakfast at Meli Cafe + Juice Bar in Chicago's West Loop. They have several vegan options on the menu plus lots of fresh squeezed juices and smoothies.

I hardly ever get to eat french toast, so naturally I went for the Vegan French Toast with fresh berries, bananas and agave syrup. I'm trying to limit the amount of wheat/gluten I eat so the gluten free bread was perfect.

Please keep in mind, if you don't need or want to avoid gluten, go for wheat bread. Gluten free bread doesn't always exactly satisfy the wheat lover's palate. However, when you're going for an uber-healthy anti-inflammatory diet, it's always so nice to see both vegan and gluten-free options on the menu.
They also offer vegan pancakes, a salsa benedict with grilled tofu, a grilled tofu and vegetable wrap, 3 grain sliders and polenta with fresh fruit. I love seeing this many vegan options on a traditional breakfast menu!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my goodness what a beautiful breakfast meal! i hope you had a great birthday! thanks for sharing!