May 7, 2012

Angelica Kitchen

My very first visit to Angelica Kitchen was last week. I stopped by for lunch on Tuesday afternoon and decided on two appetizers.

First, the Curried Cashew Spread made of raw cashews, sprouted chickpeas, freshly ground curry powder and unpasteurized miso, served with crudite and herbs. I love the consistency of blended raw cashews, and they're such a healthy alternative to most sauce and dip bases (like cheese or heavy cream).
Next, I tried the Agrarian Salgado - baked rounds of mashed Yukon Gold potatoes and herbed seitan, with a parsley-almond pesto center; topped with dill-tofu sour cream and garnished with piquant marinated kale. These were incredible. You can't go wrong with mashed potatoes, and the dill-tofu sour cream was the perfect complement.
I loved the entire menu at Angelica. Everything felt extremely fresh, healthy and unprocessed. Next time I will definitely try the Olé Man Seitan!
By the way, isn't their website beautiful?!

No comments: