April 18, 2012

Flying Saucer

Flying Saucer has recently become one of my favorite breakfast spots in Chicago. They have two amazing vegan dishes on their menu, and several that can easily be veganized.

Their Tofu Sweet Potato Hash is filled with golden fried tofu, sweet potatoes and lots of fresh kale.
If you prefer something a bit sweeter, they have quite possibly the best pancakes I've ever tasted. I normally never go for pancakes (this could be because you don't see vegan pancakes all that often), but I decided to give these a try. I can't even put into words how good they were. They're topped with powdered sugar, vegan margarine and maple syrup. I ordered mine with a side of sliced bananas.
They have some great vegan lunch options too. I will definitely make a follow up trip in the very near future to try the Vegan Pastrami sandwich!

No comments: