June 24, 2011

Bruschetta

So the other day I turned on the tv and caught the movie Julie + Julia just as Julie was making an incredible looking bruschetta. It looked so good that I just had to make it for myself the next day.
This bruschetta turned out to be the best I've ever made. It went something like this:

1 medium red tomato
1 medium yellow tomato
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 medium onion
2 extra large basil leaves
splash of white vinegar
Fleur de sel + black pepper to taste

I took slices of sourdough bread and browned them in a pan with a mix of Earth Balance and olive oil and then topped with the tomato mix...perfection!

2 comments:

Claire said...

I really liked the movie.
I should watch it again as I see how inspiring it is :)
It looks really good.

sarah-mai said...

Great movie...and you have to have snacks around while you watch :) It's like Willy Wonka, I can't watch it without chocolate!