May 4, 2011

Northstar...again

Last month I spent a week in Columbus visiting my family.  As you might know, Northstar is one of my favorite Columbus restaurants.  

I met a good friend there for dinner and we shared the Whole Grilled Artichoke...amazing starter.
I followed it up with the Northstar Burger, made with organic brown rice, black beans and beets, topped with lettuce, tomato, pickle and onion + simple salad.  When ordering, tell them you're vegan and they'll switch the bun to focaccia and use mustard instead of a mayo based sauce.  The entire menu features a 'V' when an item can be made vegan, very helpful.  I also love that the only burger they serve is veggie!
And they make a Fresh Ginger Ale that I cannot resist.  It's a must every trip.  You can see it here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We live just a few blocks from the Beechwold Northstar and, of course, we love it, too! It's so good, but it's become a rare treat lately. The Thai burrito with tofu is great if you've not tried it before.

sarah-mai said...

I have tried it! I posted about it here...

http://eatpure.blogspot.com/2010/04/northstar.html

Whenever I'm in town, I eat there at least every other day :)