May 25, 2011

Green Festival in Chicago

A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I attended the Green Festival in Chicago. 

There were so many speakers, from green building experts to raw food chefs.  I was particularly excited to see The Fabulous Beekman Boys, Colin Beavan (No Impact Man), Michelle Kaufmann (designer of amazing prefab homes) and Karyn Calabrese of Karyn's Raw.  

There were so many vegan and vegetarian activists there, including Peta, Mercy for Animals and Chicago Vegan Mania.  I truly believe veganism is the most important of the green movements.
And I was so thrilled to see The Chicago Diner and Soul Vegetarian as food vendors.

My husband had the Gyro from Chicago Diner, which was absolutely delicious.
And I could not pass up Mac & Cheese, BBQ Tempeh, Collard Greens + Cornbread from Soul Vegetarian...so cozy and comforting!
Chicago was the first stop for the Green Festival, they'll also be in Seattle, New York, LA and San Francisco.  You can see the schedule here.

No comments: