May 27, 2011

Setian Bourguignon

A couple of weeks ago, I finally made Biz Stone's recipe for Seitan Bourguignon, featured on the Martha Stewart Vegan Show.  I used Better Than Boullion No Beef Base as the stock.  It's my favorite brand of vegetarian stock, and they were kind enough to send me some to replenish my supply.

You could also use the Vegetable Base, which has a nice sweetness to it.
The recipe is amazing.  I did substitute Vidalia onions for pearl onions since the pearl variety was not available in my grocery store at the time.  I also served the leftovers over pappardelle noodles, for a bit of a twist.  For the seitan, I stayed local and used Upton's Naturals, really great flavor + texture.
I realize this is a time to start eating lighter, more raw meals, but here in Chicago it's only starting to warm up!

No comments: