December 18, 2011

Caravan of Dreams

I had dinner at Caravan of Dreams a couple of weeks ago and had a great experience.

I knew I would be walking to Lula's Sweet Apothecary for dessert (only a few blocks away) so I skipped the appetizers and went straight to the main course...Wild Rice and Cremini Risotto Croquettes with shiitake mushrooms, roasted red pepper puree, asparagus and french lentils. I've had some pretty dry and bland vegan risotto cakes before but I decided give these a chance. They were anything but. Seriously creamy and full of flavor. Paired with the red pepper puree, lentils and fresh asparagus, it was the perfect dinner.

Caravan also has an amazing looking brunch menu including Sourdough French Toast with housemade 'Nutella'.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Housemade Nutella?
Sounds great to me :)

sarah-mai said...

Yes...housemade vegan Nutella!!!

Claire said...

Nice.
You'll take me there when we finally can come visit you!

sarah-mai said...

Please! I would love to!!!