May 11, 2011

Loving Hut Columbus

Loving Hut Columbus recently had its grand opening - it's actually in Reynoldsburg, but it's worth the drive.  My nephew and I stopped in for lunch a couple of weeks ago, it's one of his favorite restaurants. 

Loving Hut is the fastest growing chain of vegan restaurants in the world.   Each of their locations has its own menu, but a few dishes do overlap.  You can see a list of their US restaurants here

I love Thai Iced Tea, but most Thai restaurants don't offer a non-dairy option.  I was thrilled to see it on LH's menu with soymilk being the only option.
My nephew had the Golden Nuggets and vegetables with tartar sauce.  The nuggets were gone in a matter of minutes, the vegetables took a little more coaxing.
I started with the Lady Fingers, crispy thin rolls filled with a red bean paste, served with crisp carrots and broccoli.
And followed up with the Kung Pao, crispy veggie protein sauteed with Kung Pao sauce, peppers, cabbage, onion and cashews.  This dish was really satisfying and I love the addition of cashews. 
I'm a huge fan of Loving Hut, I've been to four different locations now and each one was equally tasty.  I've also noticed that the people working there are exceptionally pleasant.  And I've said this before, but it's worth mentioning again...They're very picky about their ingredients.  Nothing is genetically modified, everything is triple checked to be 100% vegan and organic whenever possible.

You can see my visit to Loving Hut Pittsburgh here.

No comments: