April 14, 2013

Peacefood Cafe . Union Square

When my parents were in town recently, we had dinner at Peacefood's new location near Union Square. It's a beautiful location with a bit more seating than their Upper West Side location.
We started with the Pan Seared Shanghai-Style Dumplings, filled with Chinese chives, shitake and wood ear mushrooms, marinated tofu, served with a ginger balsamic dipping sauce. These are so good and perfect to share.
We also partook in the Sushi Roll, walnut pate and vegetables served with jicama and carrots and topped with avocado. 
I had the Charlie Brown Rice, served with chili, lettuce, guacamole and tortilla crisps. I love the cool guacamole with the warm spicy chili, a great combination.
 Heath had the Penne Un-Chicken Parmesan, self explanatory, and absolutely delicious.
My mom had the Roasted Seasonal Squash, topped with roasted cauliflower and garlic, wild mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes.
My dad had the Roasted Japanese Pumpkin Sandwich with caramelized onions, ground walnuts, cashew cheese and greens. You can see my previous post on this sandwich here

And we all shared the Raw Cheesecake. I'm always a bit skeptical about raw desserts, but this cheesecake is beyond divine. It's topped with pistachios and the textures compliment each other so well.
(We also shared the Vanilla Cake, but it was devoured so quickly, I didn't get a picture. It's really that good).

No comments: