April 4, 2013

Candle Cafe West Follow Up

My parents were in town last weekend, and we ate at Candle Cafe West twice. Once for dinner and once for Easter brunch. 

For dinner, I had the Pecan Crusted Tofu (or was it almond, I can't recall...). It was incredible, regardless - I don't know how they get the tofu to be so flavorful, but it was definitely some of the best tofu I've had. It was served with sauteed spinach, lentils and a really nice creamy, savory sauce. 
My dad had the Avocado Quinoa Salad, with quinoa, spring peas, grape tomatoes, cucumber, radish, avocado, pumpkin seeds, field greens and chipotle dressing. 
And my mom had the Grilled Asparagus Salad with wild mushrooms, chickpeas, grape tomatoes, olives, arugula and oregano-lemon vinaigrette. I did not snap a picture of this salad, but hopefully you get the idea! 

Everything was stellar, as expected. I'll have much more later in the week on Easter brunch! 

No comments: