July 11, 2011

Veggie Grill

I'm still enjoying my summer vacation (I'll be back next week) but wanted to share my experience at Veggie Grill while it's still fresh in my mind. I was in Los Angeles two weeks ago and ventured to Veggie Grill for the first time. I had no idea what to order until I was told that I absolutely had to try the All Hail Kale Salad. It consists of marinated kale and red cabbage, roasted corn salsa, agave-roasted walnuts and a ginger-papaya vinaigrette.  

I've never really been that into kale. Not that I don't like it, it's just not my first choice. This salad completely changed that - it was delicious. The sweetness of the dressing and the crunch of the kale and walnuts really set it apart. I highly recommend adding the blackened vegan chicken or tempeh, it really completes the dish. 

I also had to add a side of Macaroni and Cheese :)

2 comments:

xvavaveganx said...

That salad looks gorgeous and delicious! I'm so jealous!

sarah-mai said...

It was SO good! I can't wait to go back and try everything else on the menu :)