July 18, 2011

Parallel 23

I'm back from vacation and I have so much good food to share! But before I get into the past two weeks, I want to share my trip to Turks + Caicos with you. My husband and I visit every year and this was my first year there as a vegan.

We always stay The Regent Palms and this year I was overjoyed that they've added lots of vegetarian/vegan dishes to their menus. Here's what I had on our first night at their main restaurant, Parallel 23.

We started with olive oil, balsamic, black salt and multi-colored peppercorns with fresh bread.


Then I had their Heirloom Tomato Salad with White Balsamic and Basil. Mozzarella comes with the dish, but it is in large chunks and easy to avoid. I'm sure you could order without, but I opted to share with my omnivore husband.  The tomatoes are grown on the property and could not be more flavorful. With bread, it's a really filling appetizer.
For my entree, I had the Golden + Red Beet Salad served with frisee, arugula and a raspberry vinaigrette. Again, this dish is originally served with goat cheese but they were happy to put it on the side instead. These beets were so fresh and crunchy, a really great combination with the sauce. The black salt and peppercorns really complement the dish.
This is your view from the restaurant, gorgeous palm trees, bougainvillea and clear skies...heavenly.

No comments: