February 25, 2011

Nara

Nara is a great spot for dinner in downtown Kansas City.  Their vegetable roll is made up of avocado, carrots, cucumbers and seaweed salad.  Incredibly fresh with great textures.
They also have numerous tofu dishes, all made with Central Soy Tofu, a local company out of Lawrence Kansas.  I chose the Grilled Smoked Central Soy Tofu with Kirin Onion Marmalade, Shitake Mushrooms and a Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Crispy Vegetables.  The balance between the marinated tofu and the soba noodle salad was just right.  A perfect and very filling end to a lovely day in KC.

6 comments:

Amanda J said...

I used to spot ads for this place all the time while I lived near KC. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in the city.

sarah-mai said...

I had a great experience there and I love that they use locally made tofu :)

Brian said...

nice, i'm going to be in kc in may, i'll put this on my list :)

Chef Amber Shea said...

My town! Yay! You hit so many great spots; I loved reading your article. Waldo has been my favorite pizza since I was in high school!

And thank you for saying that KC is cooler than you thought it'd be. For whatever reason, it seems assumed by outsiders that KC is dull. Not so!

sarah-mai said...

Very honestly, a couple of years ago I didn't know much about the middle of the country. After spending so much time in Omaha and KC, I have such a different view of that area. I didn't expect either of those cities to have such a cool factor, but they definitely do!

sarah-mai said...

And after eating at Waldo's, I'm totally sold on Follow Your Heart vegan cheese :)