November 9, 2010

Vegan Puff Pastry at Ely's To Go

Another amazing vegan lunch at Ely's To Go...

Vegan Puff Pastry filled with Soy Chicken and Vegetables with a side of Macaroni and Cheese.  This puff pastry is extraordinary.  The only vegan puff pastry I can ever find in the grocery store is filled with preservatives and other not-so-healthy ingredients.  The puff pastry at Ely's To Go is made fresh by the lovely Kirsten (a classically trained pastry chef) with organic ingredients.  It's so flaky and buttery that even meat eaters will be completely satisfied.  

The Mac + Cheese is filled with spinach and kabocha squash, making it super healthy.

Later in the week I'll show how the same puff pastry can be used for desserts!

3 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

Oh wow, that looks like the perfect dinner.

Anonymous said...

I don't buy the grocery store puff pastry for the same reason. I'm glad some brands are vegan, but I still don't recognize a lot of the ingredients! I see a lot of vegans use phyllo dough in place of puff pastry and that seems a safer bet!

I love that mac & cheese. Beautiful!

sarah-mai said...

I'm actually hoping my parents will start packaging their fresh organic vegan puff pastry to sell! I'll be sure to let you know if that ever happens :)