February 25, 2013

Beyond Sushi

A few weeks ago, I met my friend Kate (Le Chou Sauvage) at Beyond Sushi for a bite. They offer all vegan sushi, with some very inventive takes on fruit and vegetable combinations.
I went for the Spicy Mango roll - black rice, avocado, mango, cucumber and spicy veggies with a toasted cayenne sauce. This one was my favorite!
The Nutty Buddy Wrap - buckwheat noodles, crushed peanuts, cilantro, jalapeƱo peanut butter, avocado, sesame oil, carrots, baked tofu and romaine lettuce, served with sweet soy mirin sauce.
And finally Eggplant Caviar with dehydrated olives - their piece of the month. 
 
Everything I tasted was delicious. Kate ordered the Mighty Mushroom, which was also really lovely. And I can't wait to go back to try their Udon soups!

3 comments:

LeChouSauvage.com /Kate said...

It was so tasty and fun! Hopefully we can get together again soon! xx

sarah-mai said...

Yes! We'll have to pick another new-to-us spot!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.