September 12, 2012

Pure Food + Wine - Follow Up

Last weekend, we had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in New York, Pure Food + Wine. I started with Dr. Cow Tree Nut Cheeses, you can see my previous post on this incredible vegan cheese plate here

For my entree, I had the Lemon Alfredo Noodles with marinated portabella mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, wild rapini, black garlic and basil reduction. I didn't confirm, but I believe the noodles were kelp noodles. It was one of the best raw savory dishes I've had. So full of flavor and incredibly complex. 
My husband had the Hen of the Woods Tacos al Pastor with smoked guacamole, hearts of palm, fresh corn, guajillo crema fresca and pickled onions.
He followed up with the Carrot Cake. I'm not normally a big fan of carrot cake, but this was really quite good...and gorgeous!
I went with the Mint Sundae. Chocolate and fresh mint ice cream, with huge chunks of chocolate, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. I believe the ice cream is cashew based and the chocolate is carob, but I guarantee you would not be able to tell the difference.

No comments: