May 15, 2012

Candle Cafe West

I'm back from vacation and I have some great photos from Turks + Caicos, but first I have a couple more posts from my New York trip two weeks ago...

You're probably familiar with Candle Cafe and Candle 79. Well, now there's a Candle Cafe West on the upper west side on Broadway between 89th and 90th. The upper west is my neighborhood in New York and I couldn't be more thrilled that I now have a Candle within walking distance.

I was working nearby, so I ordered takeout for lunch. The Soba Noodle Salad was a great choice - ginger grilled tofu, shiitake mushrooms, edamame, carrots, daikon, red cabbage, sugar snap peas, and sesame seeds, served over mesclun with creamy wasabi dressing.

Since lunch was fairly light, and I don't get Candle very often...
I ordered dessert...Chocolate Mousse Pie. It was delicious!

No comments: