March 29, 2012

Wheatsville Co-op

I ate so many wonderful things in Austin, but I'd have to say my favorite was from the Wheatsville Co-op. They have all kinds of vegan prepared foods and so many flavors of tofu.

Southern Fried Tofu, Mongolian BBQ Tofu, Red Curry Tofu,  Popcorn Tofu, Buffalo Popcorn Tofu.
They even make a Popcorn Tofu Po'boy. It's filled with lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, red onions, tomatoes, sprouts, jalapenos and a cashew tamari dressing. It was absolutely divine...a must eat. And I love that they're using tofu, as opposed to processed faux meats. It made the fried aspect feel a little healthier :)
They also have all kinds of vegan baked goods - Carrot Cake, Chocolate Raspberry Cake, Blueberry Lemon Cake, Brownies, and four different types of donuts. Their bakery case is 75% vegan, making the non-vegan selections the minority.
Truly a gem, it was one of my favorite spots in the city.

No comments: