January 13, 2012

Canary Confectionery

I've had many a vegan truffle. Some good, some better. This year, at Chicago Vegan Mania, I bought some Chocolate Raspberry Truffles from Canary Confectionery. I took them home and could not believe how good they were. By far, the very best truffles I've ever eaten. 

Canary Confectionery recently sent me two more flavors to try...Original Chocolate + Almond Mint.

The outside is what you would imagine, a hard shell of chocolate. The inside is almost cake like. Rich, ooey gooey chocolate cake. For best results, these should be refrigerated until you're ready to eat. In my opinion, let them sit out until they're room temperature to get the full effect.


Right now, they offer mail order confections, or if you're in the Chicago area, they're offered on the Ste Martaen Vegan Food Truck. Did I mention they also make cupcakes...and offer gluten-free and raw options???

No comments: