December 1, 2011

Bleeding Heart Bakery

Thanksgiving weekend my family and I had brunch at Bleeding Heart Bakery in Chicago. They have some amazing vegan breakfast options...

Including Homemade Vegan Biscuits with Wild Mushroom Gravy and sauteed tofu. So savory, flavorful and filling. 
And Vegan S'mores Pancakes. Oh yeah, dark chocolate pancakes with vegan marshmallow cream and coconut ganache, topped with graham cracker crumbles.

They also offer their Plain Jane vanilla bean pancakes or waffles in a vegan version, plain or topped with seasonal fruit.
And the eggs in their Skillets can be subbed with twice baked tofu, and a side of vegan apple slaw. Seriously amazing eats for vegans at a non-vegan eatery. I love it!

2 comments:

Amanda J said...

HOLY COW! Those pancakes made my jaw drop!!!

sarah-mai said...

They were beyond amazing. However, I couldn't eat them for breakfast. They would be perfect as dessert though!