October 12, 2011

Vegan Fish Tacos

For Meatless Monday this week, I made Vegan Fish Tacos. These were so amazing that I can't wait to make them again. I used Gwyneth Paltrow's recipe in her cookbook My Father's Daughter, subbing tempeh for the fish. 

On a side note, most of the sections in this cookbook are very veg friendly. Her daughter is vegetarian so she has all kinds of notes on making substitutions and there are a number of vegan dishes, from salads to soups to brownies.

I found a similar tempeh 'fish' taco recipe here. This recipe looks equally good and uses tofu instead of tempeh.

I topped mine with pico de gallo, guacamole, shredded cabbage, fresh lime and Vegenaise, a la Gwyneth.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

These look fantastic! I haven't made any faux fish recipes yet, but I grew up loving fish tacos so I should've by now. Thanks for sharing!

sarah-mai said...

My omnivore husband loved them and couldn't get over how much they tasted like fish. I wouldn't know, having never eaten fish to my knowledge :) Definitely give them a try and let me know how it goes!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Yum, that sounds great.

Claire said...

Can Heath come back and make us some of his famous pico de gallo ????

sarah-mai said...

We'd really like to, maybe this winter :)