July 8, 2010

Daily Grub Follow Up

Daily Grub.  I cannot say enough about this place.  If you missed my previous post about it, it's a killer vegan restaurant in downtown Omaha.  Yes, you read that right.  A vegan restaurant in Omaha. 

The atmosphere is casual, but the food is anything but.  Inventive, refreshing, absolutely amazing.  Here are some of the fantastic eats I've had recently...

Mango Smoothie - mango, coconut, lime.  Enough said.
Dill Hummus Sandwich - Tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce on a baguette with incredibly fresh dill hummus and a side of Salt + Vinegar chips.  The dill goes so well with the hummus.  My husband was crazy about this sandwich!
Corn Sope - Black beans with avocado, onion, pear and cabbage salad atop ancho cashew cream sauce.  This sauce is completely addicting.  I wish I could buy it by the bottle. 
Banh Mi - Traditional Vietnamese sandwich filled with daikon, carrot, cucumber, mint, cilantro, slices of marinated tofu and ancho cashew cream spread with a side of cabbage slaw.  This is unlike any other Banh Mi I've ever tried (and I'm half Vietnamese so I've had my share).  The ancho cashew cream sauce takes it to a whole new level of goodness. 
Daily Grub will be a regular on Eat Pure, because it's just too good not to share!!!  It's reason enough to visit Omaha.