March 18, 2010

Palm Springs eats

It only makes sense to start my posts with the location that inspired it all...Palm Springs, California. I was there for a photo shoot for 2 1/2 weeks in January and got quite familiar with the local eateries. It was at that point that I decided I wanted to document the amazing vegan/vegetarian options that are out there, especially when you're away from home in a new city. So when I went back to visit recently for the weekend, I visited two of my favorites there...enjoy!

If you ever find yourself in Palm Springs, I highly recommend the Ace Hotel. The rooms are bright and airy, the pool is heavenly + the restaurant has lots of veggie options!

Here are some pics from around the hotel...

And here is my favorite afternoon snack while lounging poolside.
The Mediterranean plate - which consists of hummus, baba ghanoush, tabouleh, feta cheese + pita chips and cucumbers. With a side of fries and ketchup = perfection.

It was a quick visit, so I only had time for take-out from Native Foods. They are completely vegan and have several locations in California. I was a regular there during my long stay. My favorites are The Mad Cowboy, The Chicken Run Ranch burger (which my friend Cory could live off of) + the Native Nachos. Here are their Baja surf tacos - breaded tempeh with cabbage, guacamole, pico de gallo + their surfer sauce on corn tortillas, also a favorite of mine.




No comments: