April 23, 2012

Lula Cafe - Dinner Edition

One of my favorite cozy spots for dinner in Chicago is Lula Cafe. They have a great ambiance and really great food.

My drink of choice is the Fresh Ginger Ale by Bruce Cost with bits of real ginger and pure cane sugar.
To start, they have a lovely Maki with cucumber, avocado, scallion, spicy red pepper and spinach.
For entrees, they have some amazing vegetarian and vegan options.

The Chilled Peanut Satay Noodles are my personal favorite. They're topped with marinated tofu, seasoned pickles, pickled onions, shredded cabbage, nori, fresh herbs and lime. There's also a side of sesame oil and hot sauce that complement the dish perfectly.
The Tineka is a fabulous sandwich made with indonesian spiced peanut butter on whole grain sourdough with tomato, cucumber, red onion and sprouts. It's really incredible. (I apologize for the image quality, it was especially dark that evening).
And finally, the Chickpea Tagine. Roasted maitake mushrooms, sweet and sour sweet potato, and caraway cracker, topped with lemon infused fennel and squash.
For dessert, they also serve a vegan sorbet that changes often. When I was there last, I believe it was Raspberry Rosewater.

You can also see my post on Lula's breafkast here.

No comments: