January 24, 2011

Loving Hut Pittsburgh

A couple of weeks ago, my mom and I visited the Loving Hut restaurant in Pittsburgh, PA.  If you're not familiar, Loving Hut is the fastest growing vegan chain restaurant in the world. 
The Special Noodle dish is one of my favorite Vietnamese eats.  You start with vermicelli noodles and layer on fresh herbs, fried spring rolls, soy chicken, lettuce, peanuts and a soy lime sauce. 
My mom tried a special that night, Mandarin Soy Chicken served on a sizzling platter with vegetables and a side of rice.  


We ended with a slice of Pandan Cake.  Apparently pandan is a type of leaf that is commonly used to flavor cakes.  It was a subtle flavor, in my opinion, yet full of sugary goodness.
The restaurant had a great open, airy atmosphere and the staff could not be more pleasant.  Great experience and really great food.  I've mentioned this before, but Loving Hut is very particular about their ingredients.  Everything is vegan, non-GMO and organic whenever possible. 

No comments: