August 9, 2010

Omaha Vegetarian Recipe Exchange


Last week I met with some very dear friends for our Vegetarian Recipe Exchange.  We meet whenever everyone can get together, sometimes weekly, sometimes bi-monthly.  It's become something I genuinely look forward to whenever I happen to be in Omaha.  And it only makes sense for us to meet at the only vegan restaurant in the city...Daily Grub.  And get this...as if Daily Grub couldn't get any better...they now have a full dessert menu!  

This visit I had the Vegan Pesto Toast with Macadamia Nut Cheese and Heirloom Tomatoes.
And a Strawberry Cupcake with Vanilla Basil Frosting - so moist and flavorful - no one would ever be able to tell it's vegan!
My friend, Jess, brought the original Moosewood Restaurant cookbook from the 1970s...everything was hand written!  I'd never seen this original copy before...it's really charming.
See my previous posts on Daily Grub here and here.

No comments: