June 3, 2010

Daily Grub

My friend Elle opened a vegetarian restaurant, called Daily Grub, last month in Omaha.  She is a stellar chef and comes up with crazy good menus.  It is my go-to spot for weekday lunches + weekend brunches.  And to think...I thought I would be the only vegetarian in Omaha!
Here is a recap of her first month...much more to come in the future!
Corn Sope filled with peppers, tomatoes and avocado with a side of Mango Cabbage Slaw.  She features a different sope every week and they are so good!

Black Bean Soup with avocado crema and hot sauce with a toasty baguette.  How cute is that soup cup?
Yellow Curry Bowl with jasmine rice, potatoes, onions, peas and Cabbage Slaw.  So comforting - it's exactly like my Mom's Curry.

And for my birthday...Strawberry Rhubarb Cake!


My husband had the Field Roast Vegan Sausage Tart in phyllo dough with a side of Dill Potatoes. 

And when that wasn't enough...an order of Classic Waffles.  The Waffles are completely vegan, but you would never be able to tell the difference from the real thing!

Sweet Potato Hash with Collard Greens and Vegan Sausage Biscuits.

Vegetable Brunch Lasanga = amazing!  Layers of fresh vegetables with corn tortillas.

Lovely Limonata.

Field Roast Vegan Sausage with chipotle, avocado and salsa verde on corn tortillas.  A perfect afternoon snack.

The menu changes every week and I've found that going once a week is simply not enough.  There are too many things to try...and I don't want to miss out on any of it!

No comments: